Last week I started a new steampunk USB key. This is the fourth so far and I think I'm just starting to become handy enough.
I now know the different tools I have to use and the result of each one.
The different steps of construction are still the same:
- First I cut the shape of the key and the cap in a piece of wood
- Then the hole for the usb stick
- After those two "risky" steps, I start to hew the key in order to put the mechanical parts
- Fourth step is arranging gears and watch parts, and take a photo of the final version
- Just before gluing the parts, I put varnish on the wood to avoid grime
- Then I glue everything.
I didn't take pictures of these steps but I'll try for next time.
Here is the result: